Airline Pet Policy : Today, families cannot imagine their vacations without their pets. We are going to elaborate on the Airline Pet Policy of various prominent airlines. this is not only pertaining to families but people in general. Having a pet is like having a baby, and what fun in the vacation if your baby is not with you, right? Because times have changed, so have the airline policies!
And to make your life and vacations spicier, we are going to lay down rules that should be adhered to. Thus, various US Airlines have laid down several terms on Airline Pet Policy, allowing one to carry their pets along with them. Are you smiling already? Now, all you have to do is adhere to the different requirements and policies that come along with traveling with a pet.
American Airline Pet Policy
- One can carry a maximum of 5-7 carriers per flight
- The prices are $125 each way for cabin
- Price $200 each way for baggage
- One should make advance reservations
- Only domesticat cats and dogs are allow
- The maximum dimension of the carrier should be- 9″H x 19″L x 13″W (larger carriers allow in cargo).
- Delta has no maximum number laid down, however, they do stress that space is limited
- The price is $125 each way by cabin within the US and Canada
- Pet fee is $200 outside the US, except to/from Brazil, where the fee is $75
- Advance reservations are need, but cannot be book 14 days before departure
- The carrier maximum size can be adhere to depending on the flight type. To know more about dimensions, call ibookair – 1-888-898-0053
- This esteemed airline allows cats, dogs, guinea pigs, hamsters, rabbits, and household birds to travel in the passenger cabin
- $ 75 each way by cabin
- Advance reservation is recommended as space is limit
- Frontier Airlines does not transport pets in the cargo area of the plane
- Carrier Maximum size : 18″L x 14″W x 8″H
- They allow small cats, dogs, and household birds to fly in the passenger cabin on inter-island flights and on flights leaving Hawaii
- The combined weight of the pet and carrier should not exceed 25 pounds
- $ 35 pet fee for inter-island travel
- $175 fee for pets on flights leaving Hawaii
- Advance reservations are very much needed, especially if the pet is to travel by cargo
- Carrier maximum sizes: Cabin: 16” L x 10” W x 9.5” H; animal and carrier combined cannot exceed 25 pounds. Checked baggage: From 21” L x 16” W x 15” H and 18 pounds to 36” L x 24”W x 26” H and 70 pounds. Cargo: From 21” L x 15” W x 16” H and 26 pounds to 48” L x 32” W x 35” H and 277 pounds.
JetBlue Airline Pet Policy
- The maximum number of pets one can carry is 4 per flight
- The price is $125 each way by cabin
- Making advance reservations is pretty much recommended Only domesticated cats and dogs are allow
- Carrier maximum size:17″L x 12.5″W x 8.5″H and the combined weight of pet and carrier must not exceed 20 pounds.
- The flight can take about six pets per flight and one has to follow a limit of one pet per carrier per customer However there may be times that allow for more than six per carriers per flight
- One has to pay $95 each way by cabin only
- One cannot make an advance reservation. This is on a first-come first-service basis, so we request you to come early
- Only domesticated dogs and cats are allow
- Carrier maximum size : 5”L x 13.5”W x 8.5”H.
- On this airline, a maximum of 4 carriers per pet are allow
- Price is $110 each way by cabin only
- Advance reservations are recommend
- Dogs, cats and household birds are allow
- The combined weight of the pet and carrier should not exceed 40 pounds
This airline does not allow animals to be transporte in the baggage or the cargo areas of the plane
United Airline Pet Policy
- The maximum number of pets can be 2-4 per flight.
- A passenger has to pay $125 each way for cabin only.
- Apart from that one has to pay an additional of $125 service charge for each stopover of more than four hours within the US or more than 24 hours outside the US.
- Advance reservations are require and are compulsory. Customers traveling with in-cabin pets are request to talk to their customer service representatives. They will hand over a yellow bag tag to attach to their pets kennel.
- Only domesticated cats, dogs, rabbits, and household birds are allowed in the cabin.
- Carrier maximum size:5”L x 12”W x 7.5”H (hard carriers), or 18”L x 11”W x 11”H (soft carriers).
Alaska Air Group
- On this airline 1 carrier in the First Cabin, 5 carriers in the main cabin, and 1 per passenger.
- One should make advance reservations.
- Alaska Airlines allows dogs, cats, rabbits, and household birds in the cabin.
- Cats, dogs, ferrets, guinea pigs, hamsters, household birds, non-poisonous reptiles, rabbits, and tropical fish are allowed in cargo and baggage.
- Carrier Maximum Size: 5″H x 17″L x 11″W; up to 150 pounds.
Now travel with your pets!
Hence, now one can enjoy their vacation with their domesticated animals! In case one has any query in regarding any pet policy then call and contact ibookair at 1-888-898-0053. In other words, if one faces any trouble in terms of their pet – do call on the above number!